Learning how to estimate is important for running a painting business… but what is even more important, is knowing HOW to run a painting business so that it’s highly profitable.
I started Foothills Painting in 2010 knocking on doors and offering free estimates. I did just a few jobs in the fall to make enough money to live thru the winter.
- In 2011, we did $150,000 in revenue. I worked less than 10 hours per week. I earned $45,000 in income.
- In 2012, we did $390,000 in revenue. I worked less than 20 hours per week. I earned $70,000 in income.
- In 2013, we did $653,000 in revenue. I worked less than 20 hours per week. I earned $110,000 in income.
- In 2014, we did $1,142,000 in revenue. I worked less than 10 hours per week. We made $273,000 in profit. I say “we” because I brought on a business partner this year to run the business. Ben owns 50% of the company now, I own 50% of the company. He runs it, I help him.
- In 2015, we started 4 new painting companies in other states. Total revenue will exceed $2,500,000… I’m working more on the painting business these days – up to about 30 hours per week.
Stetson is our partner in Kansas City. We started that business April 9 and made profit within the first week. In just August and September, Stetson sold $180,000 in business at about a 40% profit margin… If we did that 10 months per year, it would be a $900,000 company earning about $350,000 per year.
And we haven’t even begun hiring employees yet (which will help us grow faster).
To say we’ve perfected our system for starting, quickly growing, and operating a very profitable painting company is an understatement.
I’ve been doing this for 10 years: training people to start and run a successful painting company. I’ve personally mentored over 100 people (99% of them with no previous painting business experience). I’ve helped several of my best friends start and grown million dollar painting businesses in the last 5 years.
I’ve helped thousands of others start or grow a painting company thru Painting Business Pro.
Want to know exactly how we do it? You can get my entire “turn-key” business system for starting AND growing a profitable painting business here.